You will be redirected to the Doctor Profile page at http://www.ibstreatmentcenter.com/6_a.htm in 5 seconds. If you are not redirected, please click here.
About Dr. Stephen Wangen
Dr. Stephen Wangen is a board certified physician specializing in the identification and treatment of food allergies to improve your health. He has first-hand experience with food allergies, having been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance (wheat allergy) in 1996. He has since developed a comprehensive program to diagnose and work with food allergies and the multitude of potentially associated conditions.
Because food allergies have become a major (but under-recognized) factor in causing chronic disease, Dr. Wangen is focusing his practice on natural methods to deal with food allergies and related conditions and nutritional deficiencies.
Dr. Wangen has been in private practice since 1999. His clinic is located in Seattle, Washington and offers primary care for clients of all ages. The clinic is best known for its diagnosis and treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, food allergies and gluten intolerance.
Dr. Wangen received his doctoral degree in naturopathic medicine from Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington, and is a licensed primary care provider in Washington. He graduated with honors in premedicine from Pacific Lutheran University.
If you would like to know more about naturopathic medical education or the scope of practice of naturopathic physicians, please visit:
American Association of Naturopathic Medical Colleges American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Dr. Wangen is a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians and the Washingtion Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
In his free time, Dr. Wangen enjoys being outdoors, bicycling, running, traveling and playing with his 5 year old. He's also an avid birdwatcher. Dr. Wangen and his family live in Seattle.
"My enthusiasm for healthcare is the result of
lifelong interest in human potential."
Dr. Wangen is guided by the following principles in his practice:
- To find and treat the cause of health problems and not be satisfied with suppression of symptoms.
- To treat the whole person, not isolated body parts or functions.
- To regard the client as a unique and special individual.
- To believe the client can maximize her or his genetic potential and minimize genetic weaknesses.
- To use safe, effective natural therapies to help the body restore itself to a state of healthy balance.
- To encourage the client’s full and active participation in her or his health rebuilding program.
- To take all the time needed to fully understand the client’s situation, concerns and goals.
- To recognize that better nutritional choices and lifestyle behaviors are crucial components of healing.
Is Dr. Wangen the Doctor for You?
Dr. Wangen may be the doctor for you if you:
- Are not satisfied with your current level of health care.
- Have been given a diagnosis that merely describes your symptoms.
- Want healthier options to drugs.
- Have been told that lab tests aren’t necessary, or that the results are "normal."
- Are considering surgery.
- Want more energy.
- Want a stronger immune system.
- Have been told that "nothing is wrong."
- Think that it’s "all in your head."
- Think that you’re just getting old.
Dr. Stephen Wangen
Center for Food Allergies
11300 Roosevelt Way NE Suite 100 Seattle, WA 98125 · 206-264-1111
Food Allergies · Food Intolerance · Gluten Intolerance · Wheat Allergy
Milk Allergy · Peanut Allergy · Lactose Intolerance · Allergy Testing
Elimination Diet · Allergy Products · Supplements